Generosity is the attention that we give to one another.
Constructive feedback is feedback that generates improvement.
There are many ways to give constructive feedback.
For the purpose of our class, we agreed on the following feedback guidelines:
The person who receives feedback:
– Trust in the good will of your classmates
– Relax, be open, and listen
– At the end of the day, you will only realize some of the many feedback suggestions. Take your time to absorb all ideas and to think about them.
The people who give feedback:
– Be generous
– Be present and focus on the presentation
– Make an effort to participate in the feedback session
– Acknowledge the effort that the author had put in his or her work
– Identify the strongest element and make suggestions on how to develop it
– Be as specific as possible in your suggestions
– Base your suggestion on the intention of the author, not on your own intention
– Ask for clarification if you don’t understand something
– Share recommendations about inspirations and methods