Due at the end of the semester
Start as early as possible, there will be enough stress during finals
Interview a person who works in the professional career that you are planning to achieve:
1) Think about the specific professional careers that you are interested in pursuing.
2) Research people who work in these careers and contact them for an interview.
3) Meet up with on person (in physical space, or via email / skype) and conduct an interview.
If you have an idea of a specific career but you don’t know anyone in this field, contact me, and I will help to match you with the right interview partner. I know many directors, cinematographers, editors, journalists etc.
Set up a new page on your blog with the title “Interview Project”
Write an outline and email me the link before you conduct the interview.
I want to give you feedback and provide additional resources.
Write an outline for your ideas
– Who would you like to interview?
– Why would you like to interview this particular person/people?
– What kind of questions would you like to ask? What kind of topics interest you?
– What kind of questions would be related to new media?
– What kind of format will you pick for your interview? Writing? Video? Skype Interview? Audio? Don’t be afraid of hybrid formats.
Conduct and record the interview.
Post it on your blog and email me the link.